I’ve got an easy DIY for you today. If you enjoy making custom covers for your planner, I think your will find this DIY very helpful! It is a great solution if you don’t have a laminating machine, or if you want to experiment with creating dimensional covers that would be difficult to laminate. And best of all, the transparent plastic can be found for just one dollar at the Dollar Tree!
Check out the how-to deets in my video below:
Here’s a list of what you’ll need:
- Transparent plastic – I found this 11×14 inch chopping mat at the Dollar Tree.
- A scissors or cutting tool
- A corner-rounder if you prefer to round the corners of your cover.
- A ballpoint pen or sharpie marker
- A hand held punch (Note: I don’t think the arc-style punches created especially for the Happy Planner will be strong enough to punch through the plastic, so I would recommend sticking with a basic handheld punch).
Here’s a shot of the chopping mat I found at the Dollar Tree. I picked it up in the kitchen section of the store.
I love the results and can’t wait to make all of the cover I’ve been dreaming up!!
I hope you give this simple project a go! Have a great weekend,