If you’ve packed away all of your Halloween decor and realized that your place is looking a bit bare for the fall season, here’s an easy DIY for you.
I’m crazy for the golden deer decor that is all the rage this year, so I thought I’d create a quick DIY along that theme.
To make your own version of this fall DIY decor, here’s what you’ll need:
- A frame. I had this IKEA frame already, so shop at home first and see what you uncover!
- Scrapbook or craft paper. I bought this 8.5 x 11 sheet by The Paper Studios, called “Natural Wood” at Hobby Lobby. It looks like a close-up photo of tree bark. What a great find!
- Deer stickers, also from Hobby Lobby. Gold and sparkly. Score!
- Gold wash tape. This roll was from my washi stash.
- White paper. A nice, thick cardstock paper works perfect.
- Adhesive glue runner or liquid glue.
- Wavy scissors and a straight edge scissors or paper cutter.
1. Using a word processing program, type out a fun, fall message or quote that you love. I liked “Well, Hello Fall!” for my text. Cut out your message to whatever size you prefer.
2. Remove the glass from your frame and cut your scrapbook paper to size.
3. Using your white paper, cut out an oval and adhere your deer sticker to it. I used a scallop scissors to create a decorative edge around the oval for a little extra pizazz.
4. Arrange your oval and your text onto your decorative paper, then glue.
5. Add a couple of strips of washi tape to the edges of your message.
6. Pop it back into your frame and display!
If you love Fall and haven’t downloaded my FREE Autumn printable, what are you waiting for? Download it today and have fun making memories!