I’ve been busy decorating my space for the season and thought I’d share this easy DIY with you. When I saw these sparkly spiders at the Dollar Tree, I just had to have them!
To create your own unique version of this “Lovebugs” DIY, here’s what you’ll need:
- A frame. I picked up this one at a thrift shop.
- Scrapbook or craft paper. I bought a few different designs and then chose my favorite when I started my project. The design I used is called “French Kiss Script” by Traci Smith and I purchased it at Hobby Lobby.
- 2 Halloween spiders. I bought these sparkly creepy crawlies at the Dollar Tree.
- Heart embellishments and lettering. My pieces are chipboard elements from two collections from My Mind’s Eye called “Market Street” and “Now and Then.” You could also use stickers or any kind of lettering.
- Glue gun or a liquid glue.
- Scissors or a paper cutter.
1. Gather all of your materials together.
2. Remove the glass from your frame and cut your scrapbook paper the same size. When you replace the glass in the frame, be sure to insert your paper first, since you will be glueing the spiders on top of the paper.
3. Arrange your spiders onto your paper and frame, then glue.
4. Choose your embellishments and adhere them to your piece. I liked the hearts and the “together” chipboard pieces from these collections I already had in my scrapbook stash. However, once I had glued it to my piece, I decided to color the chipboard lettering orange so it would be more “Halloween-y.” It was easy to do with colored pencils.
Once I colored my embellishment orange, it was ready to display. Quick and easy new Halloween decor. Even spooky, sparkly spiders need love!
If you love Fall and haven’t downloaded my FREE Autumn printable, what are you waiting for? Download it today and have fun making memories!