We’ve been lucky to have some early spring days here in Minneapolis and the warm weather has put me in the mood to create a new Spring-themed planner cover. If you enjoy making custom covers for your planner, I think your will find this DIY fun and easy!
Check out the step-by-step tutorial in my video below:
Here’s a list of what you’ll need:
- Decorative paper of your choice – I used a glittery green for St Patrick’s Day.
- A scissors or cutting tool
- A corner-rounder if you prefer to round the corners of your cover.
- A ballpoint pen to mark where to cut the notches for the rings of your cover.
- A hand held punch or arc-style punch.
- Stickers, letters, flags and bling to decorate your cover.
Here’s a shot of my cover all finished and popped into my planner. It was so fun using things from my stash. Custom covers are such a fast and fun way to personalize your planner!
I was excited to use one of the cute pens I found in Ireland last Spring. If you look closely you can see a real four-leaf clover in the charm! Seriously cute, huh? If you want to take a peek at the other stationery goodies I picked up in Europe, check out my European Stationery Haul video.
To protect my glittery cardstock paper planner cover, I made a translucent plastic cover from a cutting mat from the Dollar Tree. It’s super simple. I filmed a tutorial for the Happy Planner Clear Protective Cover last week for you. 🙂
Happy early Spring, friends! Have a great week!