I recently returned from PlannerCon in Atlanta, Georgia and am getting ready to create a small travel scrapbook with my photos and all of the ephemera I gathered. I filmed a video for you if you want to check out the kinds of things I collect while I am on the road.
These are some of the items I gathered on a recent tour of the Margaret Mitchell House in Atlanta. I am so excited to include them in my travel journal!
Here’s a list of items to be on the look out for while you’re traveling too.
- Maps of the city, state or country you visit and of the local public transportation system or the sights you visit.
- Tickets of the places you visit or the transportation you use.
- Boarding passes if you fly to your destination or any other travel documents you use during your adventures.
- Postcards from your destination.
- Receipts from purchases you make while on the road.
- Business cards from new people you meet.
- Coins and paper currency from foreign countries.
- Brochures and pamphlets of top sights have great, professional photos you can include in your scrapbook and travel journal.
- Paper items from the hotels, youth hostels or B&B’s you stay at, such as your key card, hotel stationery, postcards of the property and drink coasters with the property’s logo.
- Colorful wine labels and candy wrappers with interesting graphics.
- Items from restaurants such as napkins, stir sticks and takeout menus.
- Shopping bags with fun designs.
- Free magazines you can pick up at your hotel or throughout the city with photos of the local scene.
- And your photos of course!
Did I miss anything? What other items do you collect on your travels? Let me know in the comments below.