I’m so excited to be heading to PlannerCon 2017 next week in San Francisco, CA!!! Hundreds of planner girls all in one place – I can’t wait to make some new friends, take in some fabulous classes and of course, shop all the vendors!
If you’d like some ideas for putting together a travel planner for all of your upcoming adventures, I’d love to share mine with you!
Check out the video for a tour of my set up and then keep reading for more details and ideas for your own planner!
Size and weight were two considerations when choosing my planner, although it was also a case of love at first sight! When I saw this totally adorable llama planner at Michaels, I was gone! Seriously, could it be any cuter? I love the zipper feature, so I don’t need to worry about pens or papers falling out. And the personal size is nice for fitting easily into my carry-on or handbag.
The dividers that were included in this planner were monthly, and since I wanted to customize it especially for travel, it was the perfect opportunity to make my own custom dividers. I positively fell in love with this paper pad at Michaels called “Palm Springs” by Craft Smith. The colors are simply delicious! And they matched really beautifully with the pink and gold of my planner.
It was fun to sort through my stash and see what other goodies I could find to use. The tabs are stickers from Recollections, the post-its were originally from Target, and the word stickers on my tabs are from Simple Stories.
It’s a work in progress, but this is what I plan to include in my PlannerCon travel planner:
- My pre-trip “To Do” list
- My contact info in case of loss
- My PlannerCon shopping list – I am hoping to pick up some specialty items!
- A special packing list of items to bring to the evening Planner Social
- Hotel information with check in & out times noted
- Flight itinerary
- A map of downtown SF with Japantown highlighted – I am hoping to stop in at Daiso while I am in town. (Fingers crossed)
- Directions / public transportation info to Japantown
- A weekly calendar layout – decorated in a Planner Girl / San Francisco theme. I used some sweet Lillie Henry stickers and googled some images of vintage SF 🙂
- Dashboard with post-its
- A folder/sleeve for loose items or business cards
- Airline reward account numbers
- Notes pages for journaling about my trip – I cut down some MAMBI note paper. (I love their paper weight.) After my trip I can clip the pages together, add a cover and I have a travel journal! The cute travel-themed stamps on my Notes pages are from my Kelly Purkey haul.
Oh! And this adorable little llama ruler that I was powerless to resist, when I was shopping at Michaels! I mean, really.
More Ideas For You
Here are some additional ideas that you could include in a vacation travel planner depending on your travel plans:
- A travel bucket list
- World map
- Road trip driving plan
- Sightseeing information including opening and closing times
- Daily budget / expenses
- Packing list for checked bags and your carry-on
- Souvenirs list / gift list
- Travel experiences wishlist
- Outfit planner for what you’ll wear on vacation
- Notes pages
Thanks for stopping in today, friends. I hope I get to meet you in person if you’re coming to PlannerCon too!!